Placed at the intersection of the Souss’ Valley and the mountains of High-Atlas, Taroudant the South Pearl gives a great sense of the moroccan south.
Palais des Sables’ excursions
The Atlas’ terraces : 90 minutes away, through gorgeous mountain roads you can access to the view from the green gardens of Afensou’s oasis and to the high peak of the High Atlas culminating at 3500m. Luc Tromme will welcome you in a wide range of activities going from hiking, biking, cooking, painting or savage camping, adapting to your level and expectations, for a couple or your whole family.
- Taroudant > Agadir = 76 Kms
- Taroudant > Tiznit = 150 Kms
- Taroudant > Marrakech = 225 Kms
- Taroudant > Essaouira = 258 Kms
- Taroudant > Ouarzazate = 290 Kms
Activities inside and around Taroudant
The Palais des Sables has become very creative to offer you the most diversed activities in Taroudant and its surroundings.
Inside your Palace
- Swimming pool.
- Cooking classes.
- Massages, beauty treatments.
- Mini golf, darts.
- Farniente, tanning on the large terraces’ sun beds with a glass of mint tea.
Activities around Taroudant
- Discovery of the beautiful city of Taroudant, also called the small Marrakech, and its seven kilometers of ramparts surrounding the medina. On foot, horse-drawn carriage, biking.
- The arabic and berber souks where fruits, spices, berber jewellry, antiquity, art and traditional moroccan decoration are displayed next to one another.
- The sunday market on Tamaloukt’s road; a real sight.
- The tennis club
- The equestrian center
- Tour of Taroudant’s tannery
- Tour of an argan oil’s factory.
- Horseback riding excursion: The horses come to pick you up in front of the Palais des Sables for a short ride out or an excursion lasting a few days.
> Read more
Activities around Taroudant
The berber city of Taroudant is snuggled at the feet of the High-Atlas and Anti-Atlas that provides it with many great possibilities for excursions to the discovery of beautiful landscapes and picturesque and authentic berber villages.
- Tour of a non turistic souk in the mountains
- Excursion or stay with the High-Atlas’ berbers: traditional meal, cooking classes, fire wood hammam, henne, massages, music, dancing,…
- Discovery of the Souss’ Valley: picnic under the olive trees, tour of a farm,…
- Hikking or trekking in the High-Atlas
- Riding on donkeys
- Biking down the mountain
- Rafting on a oued
- Swimming in a torrent, in natural basins, under a cascade,…
- Savage camping in the mountains
- Mini sport or intellectual challenge in the wild or inside the medina
- Tour of Paradise Valley
- Excursion on the savage beaches surrounding Agadir
- Tour of an oasis
- 4X4 tour in the High-Atlas: Tizi n’Test’s pass, Taliouine, Ifni’s lake,…
- 4X4 tour in the Anti-Atlas: gorges, mountain oasis, Agadir,…
- Tour of Marrakech in two or three days
- Tiout’s palm grove and its argan oil’s cooperative
- The biblical village of Ryad and its potery’s studio
- Agadir and its famous bay
- Tifnit and its fishing port; a true postcard